WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE FLAMINGO?
Flamingos are graceful, beautiful creatures who can actually teach us some life lessons.
1. The flamingo is a filter feeder meaning their beak filters sand and mud from their food. This is symbolic of filtering out what you don't need and keeping the good stuff.
2. Flamingos display amazing balance. They are a symbol of maintaining balance throughout all we do.
3. The flamingo has long legs allowing him to move into deeper waters. This is symbolic of you digging deep into your emotions so that you can heal.
4. The flamingo is typically pink in colour and maintains this rich colour by the food it eats. The saying goes, 'you are what you eat', so the flamingo reminds us to pay attention to what we are feeding our soul.
5. The flamingo is a migrating bird and is a social animal yet maintains his individuality. This serves to remind us that although we are on our own journey, we can't do it alone. Sometimes we need a flock to help us reach our next goal.